Carrot, Almond, and Sage Soup
I love soup and I especially love soups that require very few ingredients! This delicious carrot soup calls for only 5 ingredients: carrots, onion, almonds, sage, and olive oil. I don’t think it gets any simpler than that. It is very healthy and will warm you up on a cold winter day.
- 2-3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion (roughly chopped)
- 8 large carrots (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 8-10 sage leaves
- Salt/pepper to taste
- In a medium size stock pot, sauté onion with olive oil until soft.
- Add carrots, almonds, and enough water to barely cover carrots.
- Bring to boil then turn down on low and cook for 30-45 minutes (no need to cover). Then add sage (whole leaves) and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Blend up soup using an immersion blender.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top before serving.
- Note: soup will have a grainy texture due to the almonds.