Italian Herbed Meatloaf
One of my favorite comfort foods growing up is a good old-fashioned meatloaf. Who doesn’t love meatloaf right? I recently adapted my mother’s recipe and added add some Italian herbs and spices to create a new version of this classic dish. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 1 1/4 lbs. ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 Tbs chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 Tbs water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients (with hands) in a large bowl until ingredients are very well combined.
- Pour into a 9x5 meatloaf pan and place in oven for about 45-60 minutes.
- Garnish with rosemary
- Serve with your favorite vegetable or salad