Tacchino con Burro e Salvia Turkey in Butter and Sage
*Recipe taken from Graziella’s Tuscan Kitchen
I believe this is one of the first things Graziella prepared for me and it has become one of my favorites. There is something so scrumptious about combining butter, safe, lemon, and turkey; it just melts in your mouth. Make sure you cook it long enough for the turkey to get crispy.
- 1 to 6 boneless turkey breast filets
- 2-3 Tbs butter
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 1 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the turkey filets by washing them and patting dry with paper towels. Lightly salt and cover filets with flour.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the sage and olive oil and stir together for about 3 minutes (be careful not to burn the butter).
- Cook the turkey in the butter/oil until golden brown on each side. Add salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top and serve with a salad and Italian herbed bread.